Greenfield Indiana Fall Activities
- Greenfield Farmers Market at the Fairgrounds: Through October, the farmers market is open every Saturday from 8am-Noon. Starting in November, it is only on the first and third Saturday from 10am-1pm. Up to 20 vendors participate in this farmers market. Make sure to come with your mask to pick up anything from poultry to plants and flowers!
- Lark Ranch: Visit Lark Ranch for some fun for all ages! Due to COVID-19, they strongly encourage that guests wear face masks, and practice social distancing during their visit. All of the rides and activities will be cleaned at regular intervals and all employees will have their temperature taken before each shift. With a train, slides, corn maze, pumpkin patch, a rock wall, hayrides, and many more activities, this ranch has something for everyone in the family!
- Tuttles Orchard: A Greenfield Fall favorite, Tuttles Orchard, is still up in running during COVID-19! Although, the fall season has shortened to September 19-October 31. They are open Mondays-Saturdays, 9am-7pm, and closed on Sundays. With a limited capacity, reservations are required, so make sure you get a spot to enjoy apple picking, the pumpkin patch, and more!
- James Whitcomb Riley Old Home and Museum: The birthplace and boyhood home of the famed “Hoosier Poet”, is also a museum to educate the whole family! Open Tuesday-Saturday 11am-4pm until the very end of October. Not to worry- starting in November, tours still occur by appointment!
- S&H Campgrounds: RV sites and cabin rentals are available and a great way to spend a fall weekend! The whole month of October is filled with Halloween themed weekends. Head over to S&H Campgrounds for a small fall getaway!
- Second Fridays in Historic Greenfield: Shop late and make it a date to meet 2nd Fridays in Downtown Historic Greenfield. Browse the Main Street businesses, enjoy the rotating food trucks and entertainment on the plaza, and drink & dine at your favorite Downtown establishment. This event is FREE and encourages people to get out and enjoy all Greenfield Main Street has to offer!
- Cornhole Tournament & Hometown Heroes: On September 11, join us in the Living Alley to honor our hometown veterans, police officers, firefighters and EMTs. The event starts out with a humbling 9/11 ceremony conducted by the Greenfield Veterans Honor Guard, followed by Hometown Hero awards presented by the American Legion. Then dozens take part in a cornhole tournament in the Living Alley’s beer garden.
- Chalk Fest: Create your own work of chalk art on the sidewalks around Courthouse Plaza. For just $5, create a 3-by-3-foot work of art and compete for cash prizes in five different age groups. Join us for the 10th annual Chalk Fest on September 19, 2020 from 3 – 6 pm.
- Talk an autumn stroll, hike or bike ride in one of the many beautiful open spaces within Greenfield, Indiana and spot all the fall colors. See a list of the best places to take a walk in Greenfield here and the best places for a bike ride here.
- Shop Small Saturday: Support your local merchants by shopping LOCAL on Shop Small Saturday, which is right after Thanksgiving each year. Be sure to pick up your Holiday Shopping Passport and enter to win gift certificates from downtown Greenfield merchants! This year Shop Small is November 28, 2020.
For more information on fall fun in Downtown Greenfield visit Greenfield Main Street, Inc.