Home for the Holidays in Greenfield Indiana
City of Greenfield Continues City-Wide Spirit Initiatives Throughout the Holidays
Greenfield (November 23, 2020) – Earlier this year the City of Greenfield launched #GreenfieldCares, a city-wide initiative to spark spirit and encourage fun and creative ways for residents to remain connected and support one another despite the limitations posed by physical distancing guidelines.
For the 2020 holiday season, Greenfield has added several additional community-driven initiatives to encourage residents and businesses to think outside the box and embrace safe and unique ways to explore, celebrate, dine and shop throughout the winter months and holiday season.
In collaboration with local community partners including Hancock Health, Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation and Nine Star Connect, the City has developed the Home for the Holidays in Greenfield campaign, featuring:
- Socially Distant & Virtual Holiday Events: A continually updated featured list of local socially distant and virtual holiday events, including areas favorites such as the Greenfield Parks & Recreation Department’s free wagon rides Friday December 11th and 18th from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. along a decorated quarter-mile stretch of the Pennsy Trail, and Greenfield Main Street’s Virtual Gingerbread House Competition.
- Local Business Toolkit: A business toolkit was developed especially with area merchants in mind to help promote Small Business Saturday, as well as, local shopping and dining during the holiday season in Greenfield. The toolkit includes a digital campaign items, window clings, restaurant inserts, mugs, t-shirts and masks.
- Greenfield-Themed Holiday Blog Content: A #myGreenfield blog series with fun resources to make virtual gatherings a blast, like downloadable holiday-themed Zoom backgrounds and virtual games families can play together.
- Holiday Contests: Weekly holiday-themed social media contests sponsored by Hancock Regional Hospital with featured local prizes.
- Virtual Holiday Lights Tour: residents are encouraged to decorate their homes to show their holiday spirit. The City of Greenfield team will journey around the city in December and feature a standout winner each week.
- Winter Photo Contest: Whether a cell phone or a digital camera, the city is looking for the best photos of Greenfield in all of its winter glory. Residents can submit their photos via the Greenfield Community Facebook page and a winner will be selected by town officials on January 31, 2021.
“The pandemic can feel quite isolating at times, especially as we navigate the holiday season and forgo traditional gatherings,” said Mayor Chuck Fewell.
“Our hope is that these festive city-wide initiatives help our community get into the spirit of the season and engage in new ways with their neighbors and extended family, while staying safe and practicing social distancing. And, if you find yourself in Greenfield this season, we want you to know there is still so much to explore and enjoy safely, from cozy boutiques and artisan shops to gourmet dining and festive outdoor experiences. Home for the holidays in Greenfield is a magical place to be.”
Greenfield residents can participate and engage by posting photos using the initiative’s hashtag #myGreenfield on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter or by commenting with photos and videos in the themed day post thread on the Greenfield Community Facebook Page.
About Greenfield Community:
Greenfield Community is a collaboration between the City of Greenfield, Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation, Hancock Health, & NineStar Connect to provide a concise place for “all things Greenfield” … from arts and entertainment to school and municipal news.