Your escape to Greenfield to-do list
Greenfield is becoming known more and more as a delicious local food hub. From savory to sweet, we’ve got you covered. If you are looking for something unique that you can’t get anywhere else, visit one of the local restaurants serving up original dishes that will never leave you hungry. Whether you are looking for a fine dining experience or want something more relaxed, some of our favorites are:
- Carnegie’s, located in an old library and serving up a delicious fine dining experience
- Costa’s Grill for a menu packed with Greek American goodness
- The Depot, once a former grain elevator, now a hip new space to chow down
- Don Rigo Mexican Bar and Grill for a delicious south-of-the-border fare, a great patio and more
- Griggsby’s Station featuring local produce and meats, all served up in a delicious farm to table experience
- The Mug, voted Hancock County’s best burger and locally sourced to boot!
- Lincoln Square Pancake House, for all of your tastebuds’ brunch needs
- Hometown Classic Pizza is locally owned, family operated and delicious for a relaxed meal
If your sweet tooth is your weak spot, your escape to Greenfield will need to include one of our amazing bakeries or treat shops. Check out Greenfield Chocolates, The Confection Connection Café and Bakery, Jack’s Donuts, and Sweet Shop.
Greenfield is a great place to play. What is your favorite way to unwind while on a getaway or day trip? If you enjoy tasting delicious local brews while relaxing to music or a game, check out Wooden Bear Brewing or Sugar Creek Brickhouse. Or if a coffee and gaming is more your thing, make sure to stop by Hitherto for a handcrafted coffee or beverage and a library full of board games to choose from.
Does heading to a local farm sound like something you want to try? Check out Tuttle Orchards and Tyner Pond Farm. Or maybe getting outdoors on a beautiful day is your idea of fun? Greenfield has ample parks and greenspaces, including Riley Park, Thornwood Nature Preserve, Beckenholdt Park and the beautiful Pennsy Trail, just to name a few. History buffs and art lovers will love the James Whitcomb Riley Boyhood Home and Museum as well as the beautiful Twenty North Gallery.
If you want your stay to coincide with one of our community’s many yearly events, such as the National Road Yard Sale, Riley Festival or the Pennsy Trail Art and Music Festival, then make sure to stay up to date with our events calendar!
If you like shopping and supporting small, locally owned businesses, Greenfield is the perfect place to look around. Francis + Fern, Hometown Comics, J.W. Riley’s Emporium, The Gilded Nest, Penny’s Florist, 1 Love, Ella June’s, Treasured Friends and Finds and Udders-N-Suds are just some of our favorite places to find gifts, clothing and more!
Whether it’s a day trip or an overnight stay, plan your escape to Greenfield and discover all the magic that lives in the tight knit Hoosier community!