Celebrate the Fourth with fireworks
The City of Greenfield will be celebrating the Fourth of July with its annual free fireworks display starting at dusk. Fireworks will be launched from the Greenfield Central Junior High School field for the enjoyment of residents of all ages. Bring the kids, spread a blanket out and get ready to take in an amazing show!
Don’t forget to enjoy this family fun in July
The family fun doesn’t stop when the fireworks end! Greenfield is still buzzing with summer fun this month, so make sure to attend all of these local events:
- July 1st Freedom Fest at Depot Street Park
- Live Music at Daniel’s Vineyard in McCordsville throughout the month of July
- Greenfield’s Annual Bike Fest on July 8
- Pints and Painting for all ages at Wooden Bear Brewery on July 8
- Teachers of Hancock County Exhibit at Twenty North Gallery July 12-29
- Greenfield Parks Summer Movie Series presents Moana on July 13 at Kathy Dowling Aquatic Center and Trolls on July 29 at Depot Street Park
- Hancock4Kids Free Picnic in the Park July 13
- Depot Street Park Concert Series presents Blue River Band July 14 and Jennie Devoe July 28
- Tuttle Orchards 95th Anniversary Celebration on July 15
- Jeep Night at Montana Mikes in Greenfield on July 17
- Get free school supplies and have some fun at Hancock County Community Night on July 19
- Summer Campfires at Cross of Grace in New Palestine on July 21
- Silly Safari at the Fortville Community Center on July 22
- Live at the Rails Summer Concert Series presents That Arena Rock Show on July 22
- Ice cream social at Daniel’s Vineyard on July 23
- Pennsy Trail Art Fair and Music Festival July 29
- Blues, Beer and BBQ on July 29 in Cumberland
Or make your own fun!
Greenfield is rich with so many things to do during the beautiful Indiana summers. Riley Park Pool and Splash Pad are a great chance to get the little ones cooled off during a hot summer day. Or head to one of the many nature preserves for a hike and the chance to see nature in bloom.
The James Whitcomb Riley Museum is a historical landmark and a wonderful place to learn about Indiana’s past and culture. You can even take a stroll through the beautiful gardens located on the property or follow a poem on the literary trail. Rent a bike for free from Greenfield’s new Bike Share Program and enjoy a ride down Pennsy Trail, too!
If getting a taste for local restaurants and shops is more your speed, make sure to check out downtown Greenfield and Main Street! From clothing to antiques to ice cold frozen treats, Greenfield is where it’s at this summer.
Want to know more about these events and other happenings around town? Check out the events page on our website for a list of fun activities as we head into the last stretch of summer!